November 2, 2009

New Book Monday Nov 2

Every Monday I highlight two books being published this week.  I try, whenever possible, to focus on one young adult and one middle grade book.  I also briefy share what "new" book I've started reading this week. 

New books this week are:


Beautiful by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma
Release date: November 3rd by Thomas Nelson

Since childhood, seventeen-year-old Ellie Summerfield has fought to overcome her grandfather's painful words that push her to be driven, determined, and successful to the detriment of those around her. She always strives to do more, be more, help more. But when a tragedy stops her world short, Ellie is confronted with her deepest fears and this question: what is her life really worth?


Experience one girl's journey to rebuild herself into someone who is truly beautiful.

This one sounds like it has a lot of promise.  The idea of finding what true beauty is, is a theme young adults need to think about.

39 Clues: In Toon Deep by Jude Watson
Release Date: November 1st by Scholastic

Are some secrets better left buried? As Amy and Dan track the next clue to a remote corner of the world, they make shocking discoveries about the source of the Cahills’ power and the mystery of their parents’ deaths. And as the threat of the mysterious Madrigals grows real, one of the clue-hunters makes the ultimate sacrifice. Amy and Dan have to decide how much they’re willing to risk, and what they are fighting for. Can they avenge their parents—or are they following their fatal path?

I did my last weeks Tween Tuesday on this series.  It is very popular, and the books are being released at a fast rate, so the popularity has no time to slow down.  This is the 6th book in the series.  When my daughter, age 10, heard this book came out this week she gave me the "we need to go get it now!" look.  Jude Watson also wrote the 4th book in the series, so if you liked that one you should like this one. 


My "new read" this week is Explorer X-Alpha by LM Preston.  I received this one from the author and publisher for review.  The small bit I read seems to hint that it may be good for my 7th graders especially if they need action.  You can check it out at Goodreads and the website for LM Preston.

1 comment: